Have you ever wondered how your life would change if you file bankruptcy? If you have, you’re not alone; most people with an uncomfortable level of debt have that same wonderment.
Is bankruptcy right for me? What happens when I file bankruptcy? What are the downsides of bankruptcy? How do I stop the harassing creditor phone calls?
These are all normal questions. Because there is so much fear and anxiety coupled with debt, we’ll explain how your life will change after you file bankruptcy – the good and the challenging.
While we can only speak in generalities in a blog article, your Cincinnati bankruptcy attorney will be able to let you know specifics about your individual case.
Here are 15 Ways Bankruptcy Will Change Your Life
1. Creditors will stop trying to collect on your debt.
2. You will feel a huge decrease in stress.
3. You will get along better with family and friends, be less irritable, and have more energy for other things.
4. You’ll be able to answer your phone and open your mail without hesitation, stress, and fear.
5. You’ll be able to keep your house and your car so long as you can make the payments.
6. You may be able to renegotiate and spread out debts that can’t be discharged so you can more easily pay for housing, food, and medical care.
7. You’ll be able to use a pre-paid Visa for flights, hotels, and necessary online purchases.
8. You will be able to save for a rainy day.
9. Most wage garnishments will stop.
10. All lawsuits will stop.
11. The bankruptcy will be on your credit record for 10 years.
12. You will have the opportunity to rebuild your credit over time.
13. Car loans will be offered at a high rate (but they will be available. Wait as long as you can and save as much as you can for the next car.)
14. If you live in an apartment, it will be a good to try to stay there or rent from an individual rather than an apartment complex, which will likely have higher credit standards.
15. You will have increased peace of mind and be better able to sleep at night. With less stress and a good night’s sleep, you’ll be able to face normal daily challenges in better form.
Where to Get Legal Help Filing Bankruptcy
Our Cincinnati bankruptcy lawyers feel strongly about helping people in debt get a fresh start. You can reach our qualified Ohio bankruptcy attorneys at 513-793-6555 or Thomasjr@geygan.com. Your next step is to call now.