All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:
- Severe financial loss to company or individual
- Extreme emergent situation
- Humanitarian situation
- Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
- Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
- USCIS error
- Compelling interest of USCIS
If you are filing your application or petition:
You must provide a written explanation as to why the application or petition needs to be expedited. You may include supporting evidence with the request. Write “EXPEDITE REQUEST” at the top of your letter. When you file your application or petition, place your expedite request letter on the top of your documents.
If you have already filed your application or petition:
You can contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. The NCSC will take a “service request” and forward your expedite request to the office with jurisdiction over the application or petition. You also have the options of 1). visiting your local office by scheduling an InfoPass appointment or 2). writing a letter to the local office or service center.
If you have an attorney, it is always best to have the attorney handle this and all other communications with USCIS for you.