Geygan & Geygan, Ltd. offers full immigration services, including fiancé (and fiancée) visa services. In other words, we represent fiancés in bringing a loved one to the United States.
This means, we represent good people just like you throughout the United States and through U.S. embassies throughout the world. The fiancé visa allows your loved one to enter the United States, get married, and apply for a green card to become a lawful permanent resident.
Once a green card is obtained, your loved one will have the right to live and work in the United States.
There are significant benefits to Geygan & Geygan, Ltd. helping you to obtain a fiancé visa
If your fiancé is granted a fiancé visa, your fiancé is able to enter the United States, marry you, and apply for a green card. you obtain a green card, you are a permanent resident and you may work and live in the United States.
The green card also serves as a reentry document, meaning that the holder has the right to reenter the United States after an absence.
It is significant to note that a green card holder is neither a U.S. citizen nor a permanent resident, and, thereby, does not have all the rights associated with citizenship, such as voting.
Geygan & Geygan, Ltd. can help you bring your fiancé to the United States.
Geygan & Geygan, Ltd. can help you to bring your fiancé to the United States by filing a K-1 visa application on your behalf. When the entire process is completed, your fiancé will become a permanent resident.
The fiancé (K-1) visa has requirements
To the extent possible under law, the Geygan & Geygan, Ltd. immigration attorneys will help you and your fiancé to meet the K-1 visa requirements.
* You must be a United States citizen.
* You must meet or exceed certain income criteria to prove that you can support your fiancé (i.e., 125% above the poverty line).
* Your fiancé must be eligible to adjust his or her status.
* We will file the K-1 visa petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
* We will file the I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé) on your behalf.
* If approved, your fiancé will be permitted to enter the United States for a period of 90 days.
* During which time, you must get married.
* Then, Geygan & Geygan, Ltd. will file for lawful permanent residency (i.e. green card) for your new spouse.
* Note that unless special circumstances exist, you must have visited with your fiancé in person within the last two years prior to filing the petition. If you do not meet the two-year requirement, we will investigate to determine if you are eligible for exemption due to special circumstances.
* Also, note that both you and your fiancé must be legally free to be married before the K-1 petition is filed. This means that all divorces must be final.
* And, as you likely know, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will investigate to determine whether you have a true marriage, other than for immigration purposes. Geygan & , Ltd. will represent you and your loved one throughout the investigative process.
Where to get help
Unsure of how to move forward? Want to bring your fiancé to the United States? We can guide you through the maze of immigration matters and procedures, selecting the best path for your immigration, including the fiancé (K-1) visa.
Immigration is a very specialized area of law; so, be sure your attorney focuses his practice on immigration and protecting your legal rights.
We focus our practice on immigration law and you can reach us at 513-793-6555 or Thomasjr@geygan.com.
We will gently walk you through the immigration issues and aggressively fight for your legal rights. Call Geygan & Geygan, Ltd. today: 513-793-6555.