What can I expect from my first appointment?
During this appointment, you will learn:
- Mr. Geygan’s specific recommendations and your best options;
- Your chances of approval with Mr. Geygan’s representation; and
- How much the case will cost.
There is no obligation to hire Mr. Geygan for your case after the consultation appointment. Instead, you will walk out of the appointment with a true sense of clarity of what you should do next to regain control of your immigration case and your future.
Will my first appointment be free?
Mr. Geygan offers a $100, half-hour initial consultation. Additional time beyond that will be charged at his usual rate.
What if I don’t understand what Mr. Geygan has told me?
You have the right to be fully informed and to understand what work is being done on your behalf. If you do not understand something Mr. Geygan has said or the legal terms he has used, you can ask for an explanation in terms you can understand. You may bring an interpreter if you need one.
Why should I hire a competent immigration lawyer?
• An attorney can recommend the best ways for you to obtain legal status and utilize the system to your advantage because he has the experience to do so.
• An attorney can complete and submit your applications properly so you don’t waste money on re-filing forms that were incorrectly filed, or delay receiving vital authorization to work or, worse, fall out of lawful immigration status because you filed the wrong forms or did not file them on time.
• An attorney can help you stay current on the new laws that affect you and will act as your guide and interpreter through the ever-changing and complicated field of immigration law and the legal language. Generalized information is not a substitute for a detailed, fully-informed analysis of your situation.
• An attorney is authorized to speak for you in discussions with the USCIS or represent you in court.
• When meeting with Mr. Geygan, he can alert you to potential unlawful presence or other problems you could encounter in trying to get your green card or in trying to re-enter the U.S. if you should leave, information you may not understand or even know of on your own.
I’m feeling worried and nervous.
Mr. Geygan understands that clients may feel anxious about discussing their matter with him. To help you feel comfortable, you can ask a trusted friend or family member to accompany you to your appointment. It is helpful to let us know before your appointment that you intend to bring someone with you for support.
Please remember that Mr. Geygan may ask your support person to leave for part of the interview if his or her presence seems unhelpful in communicating with you, or if he needs to discuss confidential information with you.
How do I get started?
You can either call my office (513-791-1673) to set up an appointment or you can fill out the form on the right side of this screen.
Where Are You?
Please see the map below: